Monday, September 27, 2010

One year on.

Hello everbody,



A lot of pressure here, Fiona, your blog read like a top class English essay. Trying to think of last time, I saw everybody. James, it was the day I left for Ireland on the first of September. I hope you're having a great time in Beijing with Yoyo. I miss our football chats and games. I brought my PS3 over to Ireland and am going to buy FIFA 11 on Friday. please visit so we can play! Fiona, was great seeing you in London, but it was too long ago. I'm in the midst of organising new years in London, trying to see if my friends from Ireland are up for it. Are you planning to stay for the holidays. Jay, I was so emotional after your going away dinner. Probably because you were the first person I spoke to in Lancaster, my oldest friend here. It's a year to the day that you, James, Ritchie and I arrived on the same bus from the airport( well it was when i started this entry!). Oh, and congrats on the thesis chaper being published, I can't say I'm surprised.



So it's been all change here. Before all the stress of moving and people leaving I took a trip home to Ireland at the beginning of September. Daragh, I and some friends attented a music festival called Electric Picnic on the east of Ireland. It's one of the most popular festivals in Europe and it was my first time attending. The first day of the festival was beautiful, I actually got a (slight) tan! We set up camp, relaxed and drank some beer in the sun during the day and in the evening headed to see some bands. Modest Mouse were fantastic and I urge you all to look for them. The music finished at midnight, but the differents events (slient disco, DJ'S, Merry go rounds, raves in the forest etc) stayed on all night. One bad thing from the first night was that Dargh and decided to have a wrestling match. He dropped me on my head/shoulder. Really injured my shoulder, couldn't move it at all the next day. Another two days of drinking, partying and but torential rain followed. Was a great weekend. Best band I saw were The National. Jo, you would definitley like them.



I spent the rest of the week relaxing with Friends and family. The highlight was my Friends beating Daraghs friends at Football. Thanks to 5 goals from yours truly (sorry, Keerti I had to get that in). So I arrived back at Lancaster in the midst of the moving madness. To everybodys surprise, including mine, I was one of the more organised people when it came to moving out. I'll never forget looking into Ritchie's window 10minutes before we had to vacate our rooms and seeing it in the exact same state as the night before. Fiona, I donated the fridge to charity, we had some good times together but I guess we just grew apart, I'll never forget what we had though.

My new place is pretty cool. It's an old house on Blades Street, near the train station. It's a 3 minute walk from to town, which will result in me getting EVEN PUDGIER with so many nice places to eat so close by. My room is massive and I've already made it quite homely. My house mates have yet to move in, I'm starting to feel like it's my house alone. Keerti and I made a list of this we want to do before Christmas, the best of which is attending a Chelsea match at the end of October. If any one has any suggestions on some great stuff to see in Britan let us know. Work is going fine, I'm offically a Second Year now..time to do something!

Missing you all loads.
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Oh hello trick murphy ;-) thanks for the kind words ;-) no pressure boy ... wotever comes from the heart ... thats why we're here ... im done with essays for ever I guess - phew ! why dont u upload a few pictures from the festival ? Curious to know wots a slight tan on u ;-)

    FIFA 11 - gosh... these games drive me crazy - the kids got it here :-( The only games I've ever played may have been NFS, and some Aladdin stuff... that too like 6 ago !

    Keep writing in, its so refreshing to read. Trust me ! Wish the others join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being a second year student! YAY! :)
    I really wish the others join in as well.

    ReplyDelete